Monday, October 8, 2012

WILD AT HEART AND A BAND OF BROTHERS


18 months ago I met with a ministry partner who had been through several “Wild at Heart Boot Camps” led by John Eldredge and Ransomed Heart Ministries in Colorado. I had read the book “Wild at Heart” several years ago. As a man the books message really resonated with me. To make a long story short, I was blessed by my ministry partner who offered to pay my way to a boot camp. In August I had the opportunity to attend the four day retreat at a ranch in the mountains of Colorado. One interesting side note is that while attending the retreat with 300 other men, I ran into a former Royal Servants student (see picture of me and Nate)! Nate is now leading a college campus ministry in AZ. What an awesome chance to reconnect!

The entire retreat experience for me was both healing and restorative for my heart and in my life. This has deeply impacted my walk with Christ and prayer life in so many ways; I can’t even begin to tell you. This experience also inspired me and another friend at home to begin a “Band of Brothers,” a group of ten men. We meet weekly for prayer, study and encouragement in the every day battles we fight.  Our “Band of Brothers” is learning to study together, build community and reach out to others in order to bring about transformation and restoration in the lives of men in our community.

No comments: