Monday, May 12, 2014

ONE SUMMER TO CHANGE A LIFE


Kaila is returning on Royal Servants
for her 6th summer and will again be
reaching the unreached in Nepal.
 
“You did not choose me, but
I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last. Then the father will give you whatever you ask in my name.”
  – John 15:16

Do you believe that it is possible for the life of one person to be radically changed over the course of just one summer? I do! This is one of the reasons I love serving with Royal Servants. For if it had not been for our 2009 Ireland Royal Servants team, Kaila Yim’s life may be totally different today!

MEET KAILA
Kaila Yim was one of my team members who was with us that summer in Ireland. Listen to the amazing work that God did in her life as she recalls her experiences with Royal Servants;

“God began to show me who He was; He painted a beautiful picture for me of His unending grace and that is something I have never let go of. During that summer in Ireland, I sensed the Lord leading me into full-time ministry. After a lot of praying, I applied and was accepted to attend Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, IL.

While also serving with Royal Servants, Kaila found herself loving trekking through rice paddies and mud through  the Nepali mountains in order to rub lotion on lepers' hands and feet. Their outreach touched the hearts of the unreached Nepali people with the Gospel of Christ.  Her summer in Israel further convinced her of God’s calling.

“As God began to break off pieces of my old self that couldn’t be in my life anymore, I began to desire nothing but Him, His work, and His Kingdom… I would not be where or who I am today if God did not give me the opportunity to go on mission trips with Royal Servants.”

This spring Kaila graduates from Moody Bible Institute. God has led her to join full-time staff with Reign Ministries. This will be her 6th Royal Servants summer reaching the world for Christ. Kaila’s journey reminds us how God continues to appoint His people to go forth and bear fruit in the lives of others around the world.

Jenni and I are thrilled to be part of that yet another summer! In just a couple weeks, I’ll be heading out to serve at our missions training camp for the month of June. Jenni and our four children will again be traveling with me and our mission team for the whole month of July as we share the love of Christ in Scotland.  We’ll partner with the same church we served in last year as we reach out to the Asian immigrant community of Glasgow.

We look forward to how God will once again provide for us as we continue to empower and send out students like Kaila to reach the world. Thank you for your part! 

No comments: