Friday, November 6, 2009

A FATHER TO THE FATHERLESS


Adopting a Baby Girl From Ethiopia!
By Matt Halseth

“God is a father to the fatherless… He sets the lonely in families and gives the desolate a home in which to dwell.” Psalms 68:5-6

Over 10 years ago I was deeply impacted by an article I read on adopting orphans. The article was titled, “A Father to the Fatherless.”

Though I did not know it at the time, God was planting the seed in my heart—to one day adopt an orphan baby. That article and title have always stuck with me as I have had the opportunity to minister amongst orphans around the word.

Jenni first remembers the desire to adopt while serving in a Haitian orphanage at the young age of 14. For the next several years Jenni served on numerous mission trips having many opportunities to serve in orphanages and among children living on the streets.

Together we have come to believe that God is indeed calling us to provide a loving home for one of these precious children. And we are thrilled how God is opening the doors for us to adopt a baby girl from Ethiopia!

Please join with us in prayer as we are in the process of finalizing the paperwork.  

No comments: