Sunday, November 1, 2015

MENTORING AT-RISK YOUTH

Matt hanging out with 
some middle school boys at the 
fall weekend Timber Bay Camp 
in northern Minnesota. Their 
moto is, “The camp that 
comes home with the kids.”
Hey Friends… For some time now God has been nudging my (Matt) heart to get involved in a local ministry mentoring at-risk youth. Why? While I still love leading Royal Servants mission trips abroad, I also have a missionary heart to reach struggling youth at home. So this fall I began volunteering a few hours a week with a local ministry called Timber Bay.

Who is Timber Bay? (Youth Investment Foundation)
Timber Bay combines community ministry with camping (Timber Bay Camp), to reach troubled youth and help them discover that Christ can bring emotional and spiritual health to their lives. As a mentor, I commit to building purposeful friendships with youth through active community outreach and weekend camps scheduled throughout the year.

Already I have experienced a deep compassion for these troubled youth who often have great potential but struggle with feelings of abandonment and hopelessness due to dysfunctional backgrounds. Though challenging, I’m excited to show the love of Christ to these hurting youth!

Thank you for your ongoing commitment to us in our ministry. We are blessed to serve Him with you!


No comments: